Thursday, October 15, 2020

When a earthquake happens

 WALT: practice what to do when an earthquake happens  

What we did:

Today on October the 15th Ahipara school did an earthquake drill. We practiced the Drop, Cover, and Hold things in our class. We had to stay under our desks for a minute then try again after a few practices we heard the bell ring which means there's an earthquake drill. Then the whole school walked up on the field with our teachers and the roll. While we were sitting in our class lines our principal talked to us about how good we did and what we would have done if there was a real earthquake.

I found it easy to get under my desk. I found it hard to get under my desk quickly. I really enjoyed learning about what to do when there's an earthquake. Next time I need to move faster just in case there's a real one.

How to survive an earthquake:

When there's ever an earthquake you always got to get under a hard table, curl up into a ball, hold your neck and head, as well as your desk it's all, called drop, cover, and hold. But when your outside but also close to a doorway you could sit right under it, covering your neck and head.



No comments:

Post a Comment